Monday 17 December 2012

ANOTHER RESCUE BABY IN OUR CENTRE...

it never stops, when people know you take in birds...........newest addition, a little sparrow fledgling found at the local shopping centre in the middle of car-park. Susan brought it ................

cage ready, assess situation, seems as if a gammy foot and maybe a damaged little beak, could still right itself, but I reckon we have a permanent tenant here.............  make up feed for soft beaks, different from baby feed for the budgies and mousebirds, the same as for weaver, so lucky we had some in fridge, mind you we have all sorts ready always, syringes, anti-biotic, oil, leg splints etc. 

Day One was Saturday  and today, little one has got so clever, it now opens mouth when syringe comes into the cage. Prefer to sit on Daddy's finger while being fed, do not like being held in hand, my guess is , will soon start to eat the seeds on offer in cage, then we can reassess, if going into big aviary with the other permanent guests, namely 3 Mousebirds, 1 female Weaver, 1 laughing dove and 1 rock pigeon with broken wing ................ *sigh*




Sparrow Day On e
Day One
Sparrow Fledgling Day one
Day 2
Sparrow Day Two
Day 3
Sparrow 2 Day Two
Day 3

15 comments:

  1. I admire you so much for the work that you do my friend;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got no choice, Baz ............ the bible says so "Psalm 84:3 Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself: guess my house is their house, as they sure know where it is LOL .......but it is soooooooooo rewarding when things go right........... and heartbreaking when they don't *sniff* this one is going to be a success story, I just know.

      Delete
  2. Lucky sparrow... he has got someone like you to take good care of him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. Lovely photos and congratulations on the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most fabulous blogs! I really enjoy hearing about your rescues. Thank you for caring for the animals. The pics are great! It's wonderful to see the healing that takes place when we care :) xoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, amazing how progress cam be seen in just 2 days, tx Marci.

      Delete
  5. We'll have to start calling you the 'Angel Of The Avians' :-)) Keep up the good work!!

    Aww, a sweet lil sparrow, he (she?) looks right at home on dad's finger :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *chuckle* Angel? Me? The cucumber flying lady? LOL

      Delete
  6. Mitch took the words right out of my mouth. What a difference in the photos from start to finish. So cute on Daddy's finger. I do believe I have called you Angel before today too.

    Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, so darn cute! I love the pics of the tiny bird on dad's finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my man is a supersoft superstar ! I simply adore him, when he sits with that little thing in the middle of the nigth, half asleep "come baby, just a tiny little hapsie, now" .......my heart gets so full, my eyes overflow.

      Delete
  8. Shall I start sending you all the injured birds from Kathmandu ?

    ReplyDelete